Friday, May 14, 2021

Reds Under the Bed

My main project for the past couple of week was to get my Soviets re-based and ready to be thrown into the line for a game of O Group at my club tomorrow. I finished the basic battalion a few days back but I've been doing s few other bits and bobs too over the past couple of days.

The vast majority of these figures are from AB Figures but there are some others mixed in that I'm unsure about. I think they may be Adler Miniatures but I don't know. I inherited a load of Russians a couple of years back and that's where the figures come into the story, but more on that later.
The woman radio operator on the Battalion HQ base is one of the mystery figures. I had to include her on the base because the figure looked great and creates a point of difference for the battalion.
The heavy weapons are PSC and were also part of the inherited figures. They're not very nice figures but they do the job.
The guy in the center is another of the mystery figures. If you know who makes/made them I'd appreciate a comment (below).
I also made some Combat Patrol bases for 'O' Group. The figures are PSC. These are also some of the inherited troops. I was given a whole bunch of Soviet WW2 stuff after my friend Jim passed away. Many of the troops were incomplete, only primed or in a bad state. These guys were painted and although their paint scheme doesn't fit with the AB Figures I wanted to find a use for them. So now they've become Combat Patrols and they look great. They'll get used in every game.
I also had a bunch of 1/72 Zvesda German Infantry. These are very nice figures but they're thin and delicate and I don't think they'll stand up to the rigors of the wargaming table. But... They were painted and I wanted some German Combat Patrols quickly to match the Soviet ones, so they got a re-basing too.
However, I have a bunch of Esci/Italeri Germans that I don't have a use for. They're more robust than these figures so I think I'll paint them up and replace these guys with them next week.

And last but not least I also got some anti-tank guns finished. These were also inherited from Jim but they needed some TLC. I gave them a repaint and rebased them onto mdf (instead of cardboard). Like the CP's I used the painted gun crews as they were. They came up looking nice. These are Zis-2 57mm's. I also did a pair of 45mm guns too (but I forgot to takes pics).

That's all for now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment