Sunday, September 15, 2019

Oh No! I Forgot Uncle Joe

My last post was titled "Something for Everyone," but I left out the Soviets. So, in order to make amends I've given them a little bit of love over the past couple of days.

I inherited a large amount of Soviet stuff from my friend Jim, who passed away. There's a lot of it and I'm slowly sorting out what's what. I don't have a great deal of knowledge regarding Soviet equipment other than their more common tanks, so this is a bit of a learning curve for me.

I had all ready started painting up Soviet infantry before I received Jim's stuff. I started with Zvezda plastics and then decided to do them using AB figures. But amongst the infantry I inhereted were the figures below (with a couple of AB that I added to the mix). I don't know where they came from so, if you can help me identify them it would be very much appreciated (they're nice figures).
I also did some heavy weapons. One of the anti tank rifles is metal (closest to the front) and looks to be the same as the infantry above. Again, help with identifying them would be of great help.
 These look to be from Plastic Soldier Company and Zvezda.
Much of the stuff from Jim only has very rudimentary paint jobs, so I've decided to spruce them up to do them justice. I've decided to start on some of the earlier stuff because, to me, it's a lot more interesting than the later Soviet equipment. I'm going to label these models as Barbarossa to distinguish them from the later equipment.
A couple of BA - 10's
And a little troop of T-26's
And then there's these T34's... They're a bit different form the rest as they've been really well done with lots of stowage and weathering added. The only thing I did with these was the tracks which had been left unpainted. I'm not sure what brand they are but I suspect they might be Revell or maybe Matchbox. Whatever they are... they look nice (I might add some Cyrillic slogan decals).

There's actually two troops of three but I only have one troop ready to go at the moment.



4 comments:

  1. Nice work on thew Russians, Ian.

    Always happy to help identify any Russian equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soviets by Fantassin, now out for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Grognard,
      I had a look at Fantassin in, but like you said, you can't get them anymore.

      Delete