Friday, September 6, 2019

Some Armour for the Med

I've had some old Airfix Churchill's sitting around for quite a while and I really wanted to get some British armour made up for the Mediterranean. So I decided to make them.

And I gave up after the first one.

But then I found that War & Peace Games were selling their PSC kits off wth very good discounts (I fear they're going to stop stocking PSC 20mm so they're selling it off). However, I digress... They were selling cheap so I bought up. And one of the kits I bought were PSC Churchill's. Fantastic models. Easy to make, they look great and the kit has 4 variants.

So, first up I made a troop of Churchill IV's and painted them up for the Mediterranean Theater. And here they are:


 I also have a 4th vehicle which I made as an AVRE for some bunker busting capability in Northern Europe. I post it here after I give it a coat of paint.

I also finished off another armoured car that's been sitting on my bench for some time. It's definitely a Rolls Royce but I'm not sure if it's a Mk II or a Mk III. What ever it is. It's been assigned to the 7th Armoured Regt. The commander is PSC from one of the Churchill sprues.

I have no idea where it came from. It's resin and very nicely detailed - as opposed to the Morris CS9 that I posted recently which was a very basic & rough thing.

Thinking about it, I have a feeling it might have come from Early War Miniatures - But I'm not sure at all. It's very nice.




No comments:

Post a Comment