Sunday, September 29, 2019

More Brits and Luftwaffe Assets

I've had a week or more that was busy with family issues that took up much of my time. Still, I did manage to get some pieces done here and there.

I got some armour and some carriers done for the desert. I tried to select a camouflage scheme that will fit multiple theaters. So I opted for a dark sand & very dark brown thinking that this can pretty much cover later desert, Tunisia, Sicily and maybe even early Italy. It's a matter of trying to maximise the usefulness one cammo pattern and to save me needing multiples of multiples of the same models all with different paint schemes.
These Crusaders, I picked up cheap. Little did I realise at the time that two of them were Mk III's and one of them a Mk II. No bother. One day I might get 2 more II's and another III to fix up this problem.
The Luftwaffe got some more hitting power in the shape of a Fw-190 - Again painted for maximum usage over the Mediterranean campaigns.

And this next one is a test - Once again it's something for the Luftwaffe: Early Fallschirmjager for Crete and the Greek/Balkan campaigns. These figures are AB but I'm not sure if they will be the best figures to use for this situation as the AB figures tend to be equipped for latter in the war. At this stage I'm unsure who makes appropriate early 20mm FJ. I'll paint up a few more and see how they come out.

Anyway, this was mainly a test to see if my colour pallet was any good. I'm happy with it. I think the basing will also work pretty good for the Med.


No comments:

Post a Comment