Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Desert Scatter Terrain and Some More Tanks

I've been busy getting things done over the past few days and here's some of it:

Some cactus patches for Tunisia or Sicily or Crete or virtually anywhere in the Mediterranean. These are from Pegasus Hobbies. Not too bad for a single box. I now need to get some palms to add a bit of height and some more greenery for Tunisia.

The largest of these pieces stands about 5cm, so they could make up a formidable obstacle if grouped together.


And some tanks:

I picked these Grants at my club's sales day. They're old Hasegawa Models. One had a $1.95 price tag on the box. The turret's on these, however, are printed because the originals are too small. I did replace the printed 37mm guns with the original guns in the kit because the printed ones were the same size as the 75mm gun. The figures are AB.

I put these models onto bases because the tracks weren't in great shape and they decided to give me some grief. I don't like putting bases on tanks but there was no other choice. Also, there's two pics of the front view - This is because I took a pic before I realised that I hadn't finished the tac signs.

I've run out of 7th Armoured decals so I put on some spare number tac signs (top pic) then I painted out the numbers and painted in the Desert Rat sign (bottom pic). They came out okay.

And a pair of Marder III's. Although it can't be seen, these have the divisional markings for the Hermann Goering Division. I've decided to concentrate on the HG and 1st Fallschirmjager for my Mediterranean Germans. My DAK can also stand in for the HG in 1943, if needs be.

I don't have a very much armour for the HG. A troop of Pz IV's, a couple of Tigers and these. But I do have Pz III's in DAK colours which could also be used in Sicily or early Italy. 
So that's it for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment