Thursday, October 31, 2019

All Sorts (Except Licorice)

Greetings folk,

I've been making all sorts of stuff lately. A few buildings for Europe and the desert, I finished painting my BEF platoon and I've made a few models. There are some other things I've completed but these are the ones I have for posting today.

These desert houses are made of 5mm cork sheet. I like this material for making basic buildings like these because it has a nice texture that sits well. It's also pretty easy to work with. These buildings are very basic and I plan to make quite a few more that will (I hope) become a bit more complex as I become more adventurous.



These buildings are from Plasticraft. I ordered a bunch of these last year and made a pretty nice little town with little effort. These two were left over just because I had enough and I got a bit sick of painting them. So they have been sitting there making me feel guilty ever since. But now they're painted and they'll be on the table pretty soon.
 The back of the  roofs come off so that you can place troops inside on various levels.
Little Brits - So I've almost finished my BEF Platoon. For now this is all the infantry I need, which is enough for a basic game using CoC or Battlegroup. However, I'm waiting on some more figures for the command section to finish it off. I also have a Lewis Gun team, a Boys AT rifle and 2" mortar half painted. I think I also have a Vickers MMG coming with the command group.


This is a 1pdr AT gun. They were actually 25mm French pieces that the BEF borrowed to make up for shortages. I'll also be able to use this with the French when they arrive (and they are on order!).
 Some more support - A sniper and Rifle Grenade.
And some German recce to give those BEF lads a hard time. Not a bad little model from a Polish company. It was supposed to have the funker aerials on top which proved to be a real pain because the struts to hold it up were so delicate they just snapped when I tried to cut them off the sprue. Same with the main gun (which is a replacement).
And some SdKfz 251 halftracks. These are the Italeri quick-make kit with two in the box. Sandy coloured. painted for Tunisia and beyond, they can also stand in for basic desert vehicles. I'm not a purist. I paint my models to get the widest use out of them. As long as they're not green in the desert or Caunter Scheme in 1940 France, I'm okay with it.
And lastly... This stuff. This is cobbled road on thick card. It looks okay but it's too neat for my liking. It's for railway layouts. I'm not sure what to do with it. I bought it a while back for some reason. I suppose I can stick in on to thicker card or maybe even give it a backing of gaffer tape. That is a possibility because gaffer tape might lend it a degree of flexibility over time.
There's a lot more of it than appears in the pic. Maybe I should get to taping.



No comments:

Post a Comment