Sunday, October 6, 2019

HG and 25pdr's

I've been thinking of making something a little different than regular German Infantry. I'm not keen to make SS for various reasons, so I looked for something else and decided to make the Hermann Goring Division.

This seems like a good choice because I do prefer the Mediterranean Theater and the HG were pretty active in this area. It also means I can also sub my DAK figures as stand-in's in some instances (Sicily, early Italy). So I decided to paint up some figures to see how they worked out. These figures are a bit of a mix of AB  and plastic PSC. They're actually an assault pioneer section and tripod MG34. Never mind, this was a test and they look okay. I have a box of PSC German Infantry waiting for paint so they'll end up as HG Div.
I also got another PSC box - This time a 25pdr gun kit. Not bad, it has two guns, two Quads and two regular crews & two tropical crews. They're nice models but the crew figures are a bit lack luster. However,they are serviceable & I've seen (and used) worse figures. I'll most likely use the tropical crews most of the time, but the regular crew will be good for other gun crew that I might need.

I had some spare wheels from another kit which I put onto the ammo trailers and used the wheels in the kit to make up two sets of guns - So I ended up with two howitzers & two pheasant guns out of one kit. Gotta be happy with that!

And yes... I know the pheasant guns are limited but the 25's are very versatile. I painted them all for Mediterranean so I can use them from Africa to Greece, to Crete, to Italy, to Dodecanese (yes, I'm looking at this interesting little campaign).


Towing the pheasant guns.

 25pdr's with crews. The tropical crews are still being painted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment