Thursday, October 24, 2019

More DAK & Mediterranean Terrain

I've painted up the last remaining figures of DAK to add to my collection. These are a mox of Simons Soldiers and a few AB (tell a lie, they're not the last, I still have a DAK pioneer section to paint up).

I've also been making some terrain. The palms came from China via ebay. $8 for 24 trees. Here are the first few terrain pieces. They can be for anywhere in the Med. If I want to add them to a more fertile area I can just add some flock or lichen to create some bushes.

I gave the fronds a quick brush of French Tank Uniform followed by a splash of yellow-green. The trunks are a dusty grey followed but a dry-brush of stone.

The rocks are actually pieces of a yoga brick torn up into pieces. The original colour was dark grey so they got a heavy dry-brush followed by a lighter dry-brush. They look good and they virtually weightless. In the pic of the box below, the actual box weighs more than the rocks.

P.S. - I don't know the real purpose of a yoga brick.

No comments:

Post a Comment