Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Finally, the BEF Have Arrived!

I've been looking at getting some BEF and I finally got some. These figures are from Lancer Miniatures and they look pretty nice (even if they are a bit chubby).

I bought them on the basis that they looked okay on the Lancer website and they were pretty cheap. But when I got them I thought; "Oh dear. These are crappy." However, they painted up okay even though some of them are quite shite. The range of poses is pretty limited and there isn't a decent commander amongst the lot. No worries, though! I have an order from Early War Miniatures on the way with some nice looking commanders and such-like.

I still have a third section to do as well as other command elements like a Boys ATR and 2" & mortar as well as some support  - a 25mm/1pdr, a sniper and FOO.
Figures in the raw.
 Closer for detail. Looking pretty nice when painted.
And I've also finished the tropical uniform gun crew for my 25pdrs. Identical poses as the others in in the PSC kit, the only difference is the uniform.
And lastly, a 75mm infantry howitzer from Simon's Soldiers. These are formerly Wartime Miniatures under a new owner. I have Wartime DAK and I ordered some more from SS. This gun is a very nice and clean 3d print. So it was straight out of the pack and onto a base and painted. Very easy. The crew are Italeri from other kits.


2 comments:

  1. Great stuff, the Wartime/Simon soldiers are quite excellent

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt. I've just finished painting some more Wartime/Simon's Soldiers (DAK this time). I'll post them soon.

    ReplyDelete